|

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

At Least Someone In Hollywierd Has A Brain

Harrison Ford story here A breath of fresh air from Hollywood? Almost. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that Harrison Ford is a liberal, and probably tithes a percentage of his acting paycheck to liberal causes, and more power to him for that, but sometimes the measure of a man can be demonstrated by knowing when to keep your mouth shut. Mr. Ford's refusal to align himself with a political issue reminds me of singer Leann Rimes. Ms. Rimes was asked after the last election how she voted. She replied simply (I'm paraphrasing here) "That's my business." The actor, a Vietnam War conscientious objector, is often asked for his opinion on the war in Iraq and US President GEORGE W BUSH's term, Open mouth disease is a problem at every level of Hollywood, and that line of questioning is enough to make me want to bitch slap any reporter who asks it. but he always feels it's best to stay silent on such matters. He explains, "I grew up in the mid-west. You don't ask what a person's religion is, you don't ask what their politics are, you don't ask how much money they make and I pretty much still have that attitude about it. "It's none of anybodies business and I don't advantage anyone by telling them what my personal politics are... The arguments are much too subtle to be entered in that way, to my mind. "There are things that I think are happening in he world that are egregious mistakes but I'm only operating out of my own box and I don't have any expertise. I'm a voter... I have one vote, that's all I should have." Stealing the title of Laura Ingraham's book "Shut Up And Sing" and applying it to Mr. Ford, I'd say it looks like he took that advice to heart. And no matter what his political view, I respect him for having the guts to tell America it is none of their business what he believes, or say how others should believe, simply because he is an actor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counters
eXTReMe Tracker