|

Thursday, August 31, 2006

That Was Not Leftover Fried Chicken You Ate At The Labor Day Picnic

Since a long weekend is coming up I thought some games would be a nice touch. Ah... Labor Day. I don't mind getting multiple days off, but I hate where this holiday originated. For all practical purposes the day came out of the organized labor movement. While I have no problem with what they represented then, I sure have a problem with them now. I guess that will be the topic of another post since I have neither the time, nor inclination to go off on a 20,000 word rant on how the labor movement has been destroying this country's competitiveness for over 50 years. God bless the men and women that work at some of the labor intensive jobs covered by unions, but y'all really need to get your act together. Unions... another reason I'm glad I live in a right to work state like Texas instead of some union stronghold hell. For those that are curious, here's a brief history of the holiday. Work sets you free (And if you don't get the meaning behind the words in the link, Google it.) So.... Links to games A. If there are computer games in hell, only those sinners who have really pissed off God will be forced to play this. Try it only if your blood pressure is low enough to withstand the angry vengeance that rises in you every time you touch the side wall and get sent back to the start. aMAZing B. Another maze. If this game were used as a drunk test, no one would pass. Honeshly occifer... I can do this. C. Direct the bugs into the correct area. A BUG’S LIFE. I feel itchy. D. Escape from the island of large breasted women... Who the hell would want to escape? "Death by Snu-snu!" Flash game. Give it a moment to load. E. Super Mario Hip Hop? I'm waiting for Tupac to jump up and put a cap in my white ass. Boyeeeeee. Luuuigiiii F. Speaking of Mario... This game would have been better if Mario had made an appearance. I always thought both Princess Toadstool and Zelda needed a spanking. G. How many moves does it take to push the ball into the hole. It's very addictive on a slow day. Trust me. I'm playing it right now. H. Another reason I hate birds: Thank God Big Bird doesn't fly A CD, See? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting This week, thanks to the power of Usenet, I came across the new Audioslave CD Revelations set for release next week. I'm not impressed. I've been listening to it for a few days and it's really not growing on me. Maybe I'm getting old, because I only hear one song that I think has radio appeal. The rest feel like leftovers they didn't want to use on the first two CDs. I'm a fan of Chris Cornell and have always appreciated his voice. The guy proved he knew what he was doing on his solo CD Euphoria Morning with original strong ballads, and other songs that sound like they were ripped from a more talented version of Soundgarden. And while the previous Audioslave efforts have been worthy, Revelations seems like Cornell is doing nothing more this time around than backing up Rage Against The Machine from 10 years ago because Zach DeLaRoca is out with the flu. Since I don't have the liner notes I don't know who is credited with each song, but it appears Cornell allowed the other band members to contribute more musically this time around. Of course I don't know if that's true, but the end result on this album sounds like it. It is a talented, yet muddy mess. 3 albums from these guys in four years... It might be time to take a break and refresh the pool that brought about a great first, and solid second CD. Maybe it will grow on me in time, but right now it sounds like this pool is almost dry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I heard one of their new songs, Original Fire, yesterday on the radio. I thought it had a very different feel to it. Had a nice, bluesy sound. With the exception of the solo, I certainly thought it lent itself more to Soundgarden than RATM. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

And yes, you are getting old.

9/02/2006 11:43:00 AM  
Blogger Rooster Cashews said...

If you'd stop by the office a little more you could pick up the CD I burned for you. Now get the hell off my yard! Rotten kids...

9/02/2006 02:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counters
eXTReMe Tracker