|

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Link And Ye Shall Find

I got nuthin' this week. Although I will say one more time that working from the house is so choice, it makes me wonder why I didn't try this 5 years ago. Anyway, links to useless activities follow... 1. A game for your daughter

Protect the egg!!!

2. I have one of these, but I call it a towel.

Where's Towelie when you need him?

3. I need this to sit in the back window of my car. Watch the birdie

4. Everything you didn’t want to know about presidential health: Anal polyps to oily discharge... It's all here.

Ask not what your polyps can do for you...

5. Become an organ donor with your motorcycle. Pretty good time killer.

I better not hear anyone singing Born to be Wild. Got it?

6. Richardfest sent me the following link. I started watching, and waiting, for some type of condemnation against the Hippie generation... It didn't happen. Oh well. I've never been much of a Billy Joel fan, but I do appreciate how talented he is... Except when he's driving in to trees. The link below actually helps with many of the questions I've had about the song by answering, "What the hell did he just say?" in flash animation.

Die Hippie, Die!

7. The final link has a twist that is so uncalled for, and caught me off guard that I had to share it. I was not prepared for the ending. Let me be clear: The ending is so very not safe for work, I'm going to say it many times: It's a strip poker game! That introduction alone should tell you the following is not safe for work. Play now! I promise you will win! Did I also say it wasn't safe for work? It's not. This is wrong on so many levels. A Kinks reference to prepare you: Lola... L-O-L-A, Lola...

After you finish playing, think about me standing over your shoulder saying: "I bet you didn't see that coming, did you?" And please let me remind you that this game is not safe for work.

Music this week is Diana Krall's newest From This Moment On. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What else can be said about Krall's piano and vocal ability..? Not much that hasn't been said many times over. Consider her a female Harry Connick Jr. with talent and looks to spare, and you have all you need to know. A beautiful voice on classic covers of the rich American Songbook marks this CD as more than just another pretty face belting out standards ala Rod Stewart's recent attempts. The CD really makes you wonder what it was like in the 50's and 60's to head out on a Saturday night to a club for dinner, and an evening of Jazz. A solid effort that is perfect for this time of year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rooster Cashews said...

Play away, but let me warn you: The end of this game does not justify the means.

Think about what they are singing about in the Lola song and then play the game. Because of this game, I will have nightmares for weeks.

9/28/2006 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counters
eXTReMe Tracker