I've Had Tex-Mex That Made Me Feel The Same Way
I have posted some seriously strange stuff in the past... People with burping fetishes, underwear safes that hide your money, and come with fake skid-marks to ward away potential thieves, fart mats that absorb any odious fumes from the offending backside... The list goes on and on. But there is nothing that compares to the story below. Many years ago I read about how it was not advisable to "relieve" yourself in the bathroom when a lightning storm was going on. The theory was that a direct hit by lightning to any exposed plumbing could transfer the electrical discharge to your "discharge." I always thought the tale was a little bit wonky, but I had it in the back of my mind every time a storm blew through and I felt the need to expel whatever liquid was consumed earlier. Turns out the story is true... The only humorous thing I can think to say is a response from Richard Fest when talking with him earlier tonight. He thought of the line "You're Gonna Eat Lightning and Crap Thunder, Kid." That little bit of verse comes from Rocky. And I think it fits perfectly with the story.
Full story is here
A WOMAN has suffered severe burning to her anus after being struck by lightning which hit her in the mouth and passed right through her body.
Natasha Timarovic, 27, was cleaning her teeth at in her home in the Croatian city of Zadar when lightning struck the building.
She said: "I had just put my mouth under the tap to rinse away the toothpaste when the lightning must have struck the building.
"I don't remember much after that, but I was later told that the lightning had travelled down the water pipe and struck me on the mouth, passing through my body.
"It was incredibly painful, I felt it pass through my torso and then I don't remember much at all." Doctors at the city hospital where she was treated for burns to the mouth and rear said: "The accident is bizarre but not impossible."
She was wearing rubber bathroom shoes at the time and so instead of earthing through her feet it appears the electricity shot out of her backside," a medic told local newspaper, 24 Sata.