|

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Media Time

This week it's all about entertainment... Really bad entertainment. The links below are more random crap found on the net, that for the most part defies logic. How did this stuff get on the air? And yes, there are some other links with some redeeming value, (like the one I did in #4) but not much. 1. How well do you know your movies? 30 picture scenes from movies that you have to guess the title. I only got 14 correct. I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore! 2. Awful commercials with videos to prove it. From the newest on television, and those from the past, to regional and national spots, and print and radio, it's all here. Taken from the site describing that damned Head-On headache product: In some ways, I feel this is too awful of a commercial for Awful Commercials. It’s kind of like playing tag with the kid in the motorized wheelchair. Sometimes I wake up at night from a dream about elementary school, wondering if that poor kid is still “it” somewhere, sitting sadly and wheelchair-bound at his computer programming job. I've fallen, and I can't reach my remote control 3. Did you know Bugs Bunny and Daffy were trying to brainwash children with hidden messages? Looney Tunes animators placed hidden jokes in the reels and no one was aware of it... Until now!!! Alright, they weren't trying to brainwash kids, they just put in a bunch of stuff that only a few people would get. Guess you have to do something to make your day go by when you're staring at 300 hand-drawn pages of Porky Pig dancing for weeks at a time just to make a 30 second cartoon segment. That's (kill your family) all (worship Foghorn) folks! 4. Create your own Indian show... Not the woo-woo kind, I'm talking about the curry and garlic type. Stolen politely from here Here's my entry: Thank you. Come again. The following video is not from the site above, but it haunts my dreams with the sheer creepiness of it. Evil kid, or midget Indian (curry, not woo-woo) break dancing. 5. Old game. Still fun. Kill some time... Kill some squares. Get your blood pressure up because you keep missing the damn ball. It's closing in on me!!!!!!!! Songs from the ghost of Christmas Past This week brings a new (not really) offering from Echo and the Bunnymen. The best of Echo and the Bunnymen: More Songs To Learn And Sing. The CD is your typical rehash of days gone by, and is nothing more than a reissue of a 1985 disc with some additional music thrown in. The original band split in 1988, but some of the group is still together off and on. I'm more partial to their Ocean Rain CD from 1984, or Crocodiles from 1980, but this CD is actually a good way to taste what the group had to offer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

The little kid in the video reminds me of Chaka from Land of the Lost.

Also, got 21/30 on the movie quiz.

10/19/2006 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger Rooster Cashews said...

I couldn't get the 2 Asian films up top, and it was late when I tried it so I missed Goodfellas. I just went back and picked up that and three others now that I can think, so that makes 18.

They have abother page:

http://funwithmovies.com/part2/

I got 24 there.

10/19/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Rooster Cashews said...

One more thing. You know what really frightens me about the little Indian kid/midget? Besides the fact he's Chaka's long lost love child? What is he doing dancing shirtless for a guy on a bed with a bunch of other boys?

It's like a Mark Foley wet dream.

10/19/2006 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counters
eXTReMe Tracker